Meat covered onigiri are a quick and easy snack when on the go and a great addition to your ekiben. The yakiniku sauce adds a nice sweet yet savory spicy kick!
Servings: 3 onigiri
- 240g cooked rice
- 6 pieces pork loin (thinly sliced) (150g)
- 2 tsp cooking oil
- 3 tbsp Yakiniku Sauce
- White sesame seeds
- Divide the rice into 3 equal portions. Wrap each in plastic wrap and form into balls.
- Spread one pork loin slice flat and wrap one of the rice balls. Turn it over and roll it with another slice of pork loin. Repeat for all three rice balls and 6 slices of pork loin.
- Place all three pork covered rice balls in a frying pan with cooking oil on medium heat, and cook all sides. When the meat changes color, add the spicy yakiniku sauce and coat well.
- Serve sprinkled with white sesame seeds as desired.