Light, refreshing and easy to make, these cold spring rolls are colorful and delicious. You can use any seasonal vegetables or add protein to make your own fresh twists!
Servings: 8 spring rolls
- 8 spring roll wrappers
- 60g soba noodles (we recommend using 100% Soba Noodles or Luxury Matcha Soba)
- 1 red pepper (julienne)
- 1 cucumber (julienne)
- 1 carrot (julienne)
- 4 lettuce leaves (julienne)
- 16 small leaves fresh mint
- 2 tbsp soy sauce*
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp ginger (minced)
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- Cook the soba noodles as per the directions on the package. Drain, rinse under cold water and place in a large bowl. Add 1 tbsp of vegetable oil, mix and let cool (oil prevents the noodles from sticking).
- Make the sauce by whisking together all the ingredients except for the sesame seeds and place it in the fridge.
- Place one spring roll wrapper at a time in a dish of lukewarm water for a few seconds until it softens a bit (but not too soft). Remove and place on a clean, flat surface.
- Layer a small amount of each ingredient on the wrapper.
5. Tightly fold the horizontal side of the wrapper around the fillings. Fold in the protruding sides towards the center then continue to wrap the remainder of the roll until it is fully closed. Repeat for each roll.
7. Take the sauce out of the fridge, sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve as a dipping sauce.
*Available in our Creative Beginnings: Redefining “Wa” Care Package