In this delicious curry dish, katsuo tsubozuke acts as a fukujinzuke, a type of Japanese pickle often served alongside savory dishes to add a crunchy texture and complementary sour taste.
- 1 Tbsp cooking oil
- 100g ground pork
- 30g Katsuo Tsubozuke
- 1 Tbsp cooking sake
- 1½ tsp soy sauce
- 1½ tsp curry powder (adjust to your liking)
- 200g cooked rice
- 1 medium egg (beaten)
- 40g negi (green onion) (chopped)
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium heat, add the ground pork and sautė.
- When the color of the pork starts to change, add the Katsuo Tsubozuke, cooking sake, soy sauce and curry powder and continue to sautė.
- When the pork is cooked, add the rice and stir-fry over medium heat so that all the ingredients are well blended. Move to the side of the pan.
- Pour the beaten egg into the empty space in the pan. When it begins to cook, stir fry all the ingredients together. Remove once the ingredients are cooked and well mixed. Serve topped with negi.
Leave a comment (all fields required)