RECIPE: Yuzu Foil Fish
This simple dish allows for the individual flavors of each ingredient, including the citrus yuzu, to shine!
- 250g cod (or salmon) (2 pieces)
- Salt (Yuzu Salt or regular) and pepper (to taste)
- 10g butter
- 1 tbsp sake
- 30g onion (thinly sliced)
- 60g enoki mushrooms (ends cutoff and loosely separated. Can also substitute with your favorite mushrooms)
- 10g carrots (peeled and cut into 5mm thick half moons)
- Soy sauce* (to taste)
- Yuzu Juice (to taste)
- Salt and pepper the cod and place each piece in the middle of its own sheet of aluminum foil. Top each with half the butter and half the sake. Split the onions, mushrooms and carrots on top of each piece of fish and wrap the aluminum foil to create two packages with sealed edges.
- Put 1cm of water in a frying pan and bring it to a simmer.
- Add the two foil wrapped packages of fish and vegetables into the pan and cover. Steam on low heat for 10 mins.
- Unwrap and lightly season with soy sauce and yuzu juice just before serving.
*Available in our Creative Beginnings: Redefining “Wa” Care Package