These golden brown okara soybean patties provide lots of protein and are a great centerpiece to any meal. They’re easy to make and pair perfectly with your favorite bbq sauce.
- 200g (1 package) Raw Okara
- 15g carrot (finely diced)
- 10g green onion (finely chopped)
- ½ nori sheet cut into strips
- ½ cup flour (all-purpose or gluten-free)
- 1 tbsp potato starch
- 1 tsp soy sauce*
- ½ tsp salt
- Dash of pepper
- Cooking oil
- Mix all the ingredients (raw okara, carrots, green onion, nori stiprs, flour, potato starch, soy sauce, salt and pepper) by hand in a bowl until well combined.
- Divide into desired number of portions and hand press into 1cm thick patties. Cook the patties in a pan with cooking oil over medium heat for 3-4 mins per side or until golden brown. Serve with ponzu, ketchup, bbq sauce or yakiniku sauce (Japanese bbq sauce).