RECIPE: YUZU MATCHA PASTA
Tencha, the leaves ground to make matcha, has a distinctive shape - small, dark green flakes (almost like flakes of seaweed) - and adds the familiar earthy tones of green tea to this pasta dish.
- 100g pasta
- 1-2 tsp Yuzu Matcha (adjust based on your preference for a weaker or stronger matcha flavor)
- 2 tbsp Edible Matcha
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small garlic clove (minced)
- 2-3 slices of bacon (diced)
- Handful of your favorite mushrooms
- Cook the pasta according to the instructions. Set aside 4 tbsp of pasta water and drain well.
- In a small bowl, mix the Yuzu Matcha with 2 tbsp of pasta water. Stir until no clumps remain. Add the Edible Matcha and parmesan cheese (you can replace this with a pinch of salt). Stir to combine.
- In a frying pan, cook the olive oil and garlic while stirring. Add the bacon and mushrooms and continue stirring.
- Once the garlic becomes fragrant, add the remaining 2 tbsp of pasta water and remove from heat.
- Add the drained pasta and the matcha sauce from step 2. Stir to combine and serve.