Yosenabe is a comforting Japanese hot pot that will warm your body and soul and is the perfect way to enjoy a communal meal with family and friends over the holidays.
- 1 package Ma-konbu Hot Pot Soup
- 6-8 leaves napa cabbage (cut into 3cm pieces)
- 100g shimeji mushrooms (or your favorite mushrooms) (remove roots)
- 100g enoki mushrooms (remove roots and break up)
- 100g negi (spring onion) (chopped)
- 20-30g Kuzukiri
- 2 Brown Rice Golden Mochi(cut into ½ or ⅓ slices)
- Dash of Yuzu Ponzu
- Dilute the Ma-konbu Hot Pot Soup (the seasoned liquid and ma-konbu) in a pot or nabe with 1L of water. Bring to a boil (Note: To create more flavor and umami, you can leave the contents in the water for ~2hrs before cooking).
- When boiling, add the cabbage, mushrooms, negi, Kuzukiri and Brown Rice Golden Mochi.
- Once the ingredients have cooked, you can take small portions into an individual bowl and add a dash of Yuzu Ponzu.