Yosenabe is a comforting Japanese hot pot that will warm your body and soul.
- 8 leaves Chinese cabbage
- 200g shimeji mushrooms (or your favorite mushrooms)
- 600ml dashi (2 packets
- Shojin Dashi
- powder mixed in 600ml of water)
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sake
- 1 tbsp mirin
- 4-5 piecesFried Sendai Fu
- To prepare the vegetables, cut Chinese cabbage into 3cm pieces. Cut off the roots of the shimeji mushrooms and break them up.
- Make the dashi in a pot or nabe by adding the Shojin Dashi powder to 600ml of water and heating over medium heat. Add the soy sauce, sake and mirin. When boiling, add the Chinese cabbage, shimeji mushrooms, Kuzukiri and Fried Sendai Fu. Cover with a lid, and simmer over low heat for 10 mins.
- Enjoy straight from the pot or nabe by taking small portions into your individual bowl.