Japanese stir fry noodles are often served by street vendors at outdoor festivals and parks, but also make for a quick and easy meal at home.
- 1 serving udon noodles (we recommend the 5 Grain Beauty Udon or Mozuku Udon available in our Zuru Zuru Noodles: “Yui” Care Package)
- 100g shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp sake (plus extra for sprinkling on shrimp)
- 1 garlic clove (finely chopped)
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- ½ tspUme Konbu Cha
- 2-3 leaves of basil (julienned)
- Boil the noodles as per the instructions on the package.
- Sprinkle salt, pepper and sake on the shrimp.
- Heat the sesame oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the garlic and fry briefly until it becomes aromatic.
- Add the shrimp and cook until their color changes.
- Add the noodles and sake, and cook stirring over low heat for 2-3 mins.
- Increase the heat to high and add the Ume Konbu Cha. Stir to combine and add the basil.