Kinu (silken) tofu is the perfect base for this light and fluffy (known as fuwa fuwa in Japanese) dish as its mellow flavors allow the umami from the shiitake and burdock dashi to shine. A pinch of salt helps to enhance and emphasize these earthy flavors.
- 300g kinu (silken) tofu
- 3 Tbsp potato starch
- 1 packetVegan All-Purpose Shiitake Instant Dashi Powder*
- 100ml water
- 1 tsp potato starch
- 2 pinchessalt*
- 1 packet Vegan All-Purpose Shiitake Instant Dashi Powder**
- Mix the tofu, potato starch and packet ofdashi powder to create a thick paste.
- Separately, combine the ingredients to make the salt sauce.
- Heat some oil in a pan over medium heat and add separate spoonfuls of the seasoned tofu and cook until each spoonful is brown on each side.
*Available for single item purchase at ourMarket: Michi no Eki