This is our favorite way to eat mochi. This sweet soy sauce is perfect for this traditional Japanese dish.
- 4 pieces of mochi
- 1 nori sheet (cut into 4)
- 2 tbspWasanbon Sweet Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp oil for cooking (optional)
- Pour oil into a pan and heat over medium heat. Add the mochi pieces and cook until brown.
- Flip the mochi pieces and cover. Heat over low until the mochi is soft.
- Dip mochi pieces in Wasanbon Sweet Soy Sauce until covered on all sides. Wrap mochi pieces in nori and enjoy immediately.
- You can also opt to grill the mochi instead. In that case you don't need the oil.