Shiraae combines classic Japanese ingredients into a delicious side dish that is easy to make and full of flavor. Creamy tofu and nutty sesame seeds come together in an umami-rich, refreshing yet satisfying dressing for your favorite boiled vegetables including spinach, green beans or asparagus. In this recipe we use our Natural Multi-Umami Dashi for enhanced flavor.
- 1 package tofu (~300g)
- 200-300g spinach
- 3 Tbsp ground white or golden sesame seeds
- 1 packageNatural Multi-Umami Dashi*
- 2 tsp sugar
- Pinch ofsalt*
- Wrap the tofu in paper towel and let sit to absorb excess liquid.
- Boil the spinach in salted water, drain in cold water and gently squeeze to remove excess water.
- Combine the ground sesame seeds, natural multi-umami dashi powder, sugar and pinch of salt. Add the tofu and mix into a smooth paste.
- Add the spinach and coat in the tofu dressing.