Lightly pickling tuna helps to produce a mellow flavor that is matched perfectly with a dollop of spicy red chili paste.
- 100g sashimi-grade tuna
- 2 packets Asazuke Pickling Juice
- ½ tsp kanzuri* or yuzu kosho* (or your favorite spicy chili paste)
- 200g cooked rice
- Sesame seeds* (garnish)
- Nori (seaweed) sheets* (torn)
- Chopped negi (spring onions) (garnish)
- Cut the tuna into bite-size pieces and mix in a bowl (or plastic bag) with the Asazuke Pickling Juice and kanzuri or yuzu kosho. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 15 mins.
- Separately, put the cooked rice in a bowl. Top with the pickled tuna from step 1 and garnish with a sprinkle of sesame seeds, torn pieces of nori and/or negi.
*Available for single item purchase at our Market: Michi no Eki
Leave a comment (all fields required)