On a busy day, these spicy pork enoki mushroom rolls are a juicy and satisfying side dish or snack that are easy to make in microwave oven.
Cooking time: 15 mins
- 2 tbsp soy sauce*
- 1 tbsp mirin
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 2 tsp chili oil
- 1 tbsp white sesame seeds
- 5 pieces pork (thin slices) or 150g bacon
- 1/4 tsp salt and pepper
- 100g enoki mushrooms (washed and separated into 5 bundles)
- 1 tbsp cooking sake
- Mix the soy sauce and mirin ina microwavable bowl and heat for 1 minute.
- Add the vinegar, chili oil and white sesame seeds. Mix thoroughly and set aside.
- Lay each piece of pork flat and add salt and pepper.
- Wrap the pork slices around each enoki mushroom bundle for a total of 5.
- Place the pork wrapped enoki mushroom bundles onto a microwaveable plate and cover with cooking sake. Cook in microwave oven for 3 mins or until the pork is fully cooked.
- Cover in the sauce from step 2 and enjoy!
*Available in our Creative Beginnings: Redefining “Wa” Care Package