“If only all smoked tofu could be this good! This Okinawa smoked tofu can be used for just about anything - as a salad topping, or as a substitute for meat in sandwiches and stir fries. The taste reminds me of a delicious tsuyu broth!”- Pickled Plum
- 2 celery stalks, julienned
- ¼ red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 package smoked tofu, cut into ¼-inch thick sticks
- 2 scallions, julienned
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 2 tsp chili oil or sesame oil
- 1 tbsp plain rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp mirin
- 1 tsp white miso paste
- ½ tsp sugar
- ½ tsp sesame seeds
- Place the celery, red bell pepper, smoked tofu, and scallions, on a plate or in a bowl, and toss.
- Whisk all the ingredients for the dressing and pour it over the salad. Top with sesame seeds and serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy of our friend Pickled Plum