This refreshing side dish is quintessentially Okinawan and a nutritious gift from the sea.
- 100g mozuku (roughly 2.5g of Dried Mozuku reconstituted in water and drained)
- 1 piece ginger (~10g)
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- ½ tbsp soy sauce*
- ½ tbsp sugar
- Soak the Dried Mozuku in water to reconstitute then drain.
- Julienne a few slices from the ginger to use as a garnish at the end. Grate the remaining.
- Combine all the ingredients for the sanbaizu sauce in a small bowl. Add the grated ginger.
- Split the mozuku in 2-3 bowls and pour the sanbaizu on top in equal portions. Top with the sliced ginger and serve.
*Available in our Creative Beginnings: Redefining “Wa” Care Package