There’s nothing more comforting on a cold winter day than a warm Japanese stew.
- 1 piece chicken thigh (250g) (cut into bite-sized pieces)
- ⅓ tsp salt*
- 1½ Tbsp flour
- ½ Tbsp oil
- 1 onions (cut into chunks)
- 2 potatoes (cut into chunks)
- 3 shiitake mushrooms* (cut in half)
- ½ small carrot (cut into chunks)
- ½ small zucchini (cut into chunks)
- 250ml water
- 100g Mirin Lees (half the package)
- 25g white or other miso
- Season the chicken with salt, sprinkle with flour and cook in a pan over medium heat with oil until the chicken browns.
- Remove the chicken and add the onions, potatoes, shiitake, carrot and zucchini to the pan. Cook until slightly tender. Add the chicken and water and simmer on low heat for about 15 mins.
- Mix in the Mirin Less and miso and simmer for another 5 mins. Add a dash of salt to taste.
*Available for single item purchase at our Market: Michi no Eki