Soda bushi dashi enhances the flavors of fish while creating a delicious yet simple soup base.
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 50ml olive oil
- 2 x 80g fish filet
- 50ml sake
- 2 cubes Soda Bushi Dashi or 1 tbsp of soda bushi dashi powder
- 400ml water
- ½ tsp salt
- Dash of dried oregano or 1 bay leaf
- Negi (green onion) (chopped)
- Dash of yuzu zest
- Heat the garlic in a pan with the olive oil. Add the fish filet and fry.
- Discard some of the oil and remove from heat. Add the sake.
- Add the soda bushi dashi, water, salt and dried oregano (or bay leaf). Simmer for about 5 mins.
- Serve topped with negi and a dash of yuzu powder.