The simple combination of butter, soy sauce and fresh tuna allows for the natural sweet, umami flavors of the sweet soy sauce to shine. This is also a great recipe for when you have leftover sashimi.
- 10g butter
- Salt to taste
- 250g tuna (sliced into 1cm thick pieces)
- 1 tbsp sweet soy sauce
- 2 shiso leaves (optional)
- Green onions (topping; chopped)
- In a frying pan over medium heat, melt the butter with salt. Add the tuna and cook until brown.
- When both sides have browned, add the sweet soy sauce and mix well.
- Serve on a plate lined with shiso leaves if available and sprinkle with spring onions to garnish.