A flavorful sauce filled with umami compliments the natural taste of Japanese mountain vegetables and mushrooms.
- 90gMountain Vegetables & Mushrooms (drained)
- 1 tbsp sake
- ½ tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce*
- ½ tsp grated ginger
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- ½ tbsp chili pepper (sliced into thin rounds)
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- Combine the sake, sugar, soy sauce and grated ginger in a bowl to make the sauce.
- Separately, heat the sesame oil in a frying pan, add the chili pepper and mountain vegetables & mushrooms, and sauté until the oil is blended throughout.
- Add the sauce from step 1 and braise over medium heat until the sauce is absorbed.
- Add white sesame seeds, mix quickly and serve.
*Available in our Creative Beginnings: Redefining “Wa” Care Package