This recipe highlights how Japanese flavors can be easily added to non-traditional Japanese ingredients to create a delicious dish reminiscent of Japan. We encourage you to experiment with using Japanese seasonings and sauces in your everyday meals.
Here, wasabi adds a slightly sweet yet refreshingly spicy flavor to creamy avocado and olive oil, along with salty umami from the soy sauce and nori (seaweed) sheets.
Cook time: 5 mins | Servings: 2 | Vegan
- 1 avocado (diced)
- ½ tsp wasabi paste
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ full size nori (seaweed) sheet
- Combine all of the ingredients aside from the nori.
- Tear the nori into tiny pieces by hand. Add to step 1. Mix again and serve.
- Use tuskudani (nori paste) instead of nori.
- Use sesame oil instead of olive oil.
- Use shio konbu (salt kelp) instead of soy sauce.
- Add cubed tofu and/or sesame seeds
- Try using sweet soy sauce instead of regular soy sauce to make avocado sashimi.
Leave a comment (all fields required)