RECIPE: Yuzurikko's Cold Noodles with Yuzu Miso Soy Milk
This cold noodle dish combines noodles with the mellow citrus flavors of yuzu miso and soy milk. You can add pork and eggplant for a more robust meal or add yuzukosho (yuzu pepper paste) for a little extra heat.
- Noodles for 2 servings
- 100g pork back ribs
- 2 small eggplants (cut)
- Additional toppings if desired (Eg green onion, broccoli sprouts, Japanese ginger, etc)
- 1.5 tbsp Yuzurikko Yuzu Miso*
- Dash of soy sauce*
- 1 tbsp mirin
- 30g walnut
- Noodle soup (3 times the normal concentration)
- 200ml soy milk
- 1 tbsp Yuzurikko Yuzu Miso*
- 1/2 tbsp yuzukosho (if desired)
- Cook the noodles, drain and set aside in the fridge or in a bowl over ice to cool.
- Heat a pan over medium heat and stir fry pork back ribs (with the fat) until half cooked.
- Add eggplant (and additional ingredients if desired), yuzu miso, soy sauce and mirin and continue to cook.
- In a separate bowl, create the soup base by mixing noodle soup, soy milk, yuzu miso and yuzukosho (if desired).
- Add the noodles to the bowl.
- Top with the toppings you cooked in steps 2 and 3.
- Sprinkle with walnuts and serve.
* Available in our Creative Beginnings: Redefining "Wa" Care Package
Recipe courtesy of Yuzurikko