This cold noodle dish combines noodles with the mellow citrus flavors of yuzu miso and soy milk. You can add pork and eggplant for a more robust meal or add yuzukosho (yuzu pepper paste) for a little extra heat.
- Noodles for 2 servings
- 100g pork back ribs
- 2 small eggplants (cut)
- Additional toppings if desired (Eg green onion, broccoli sprouts, Japanese ginger, etc)
- 1.5 tbsp Yuzurikko Yuzu Miso*
- Dash of soy sauce*
- 1 tbsp mirin
- 30g walnut
- Noodle soup (3 times the normal concentration)
- 200ml soy milk
- 1 tbsp Yuzurikko Yuzu Miso*
- 1/2 tbsp yuzukosho (if desired)
- Cook the noodles, drain and set aside in the fridge or in a bowl over ice to cool.
- Heat a pan over medium heat and stir fry pork back ribs (with the fat) until half cooked.
- Add eggplant (and additional ingredients if desired), yuzu miso, soy sauce and mirin and continue to cook.
- In a separate bowl, create the soup base by mixing noodle soup, soy milk, yuzu miso and yuzukosho (if desired).
- Add the noodles to the bowl.
- Top with the toppings you cooked in steps 2 and 3.
- Sprinkle with walnuts and serve.
* Available in our Creative Beginnings: Redefining "Wa" Care Package
Recipe courtesy of Yuzurikko