Umami-rich konbu/dashi powder helps to enhance the flavors of this easy to make pickled eggplant, while the added yuzu peel adds its signature sweet yet tart citrus taste. The resulting side dish is refreshing and delicious!
- 2 small Japanese eggplant
- 200ml water
- 1 Tbspvinegar*
- ½ Tbspsalt*
- 3gkonbu* (cut) (can be replaced withdashi powder*)
- ¼ tspDried Kito Yuzu Peel*
- Remove the stalk from the eggplant. Cut in half lengthwise, then into bite-sized pieces.
- Place all ingredients in a ziplock bag with the eggplant and mix well.
- Let sit in the fridge for about 6 hrs then serve.
*Available for single item purchase at our Market: Michi no Eki