- 250g Yellowtail (deboned and cut into bite-sized pieces)
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- Handful of mushrooms (diced)
- Handful spring onions (chopped)
- 2 tbsp white dashi (can also substitute with soy sauce*)
- 1 tbsp starch diluted in 2 tbsp water
- 2 servings of soba
- 2 tbsp soy sauce*
- 2 tbsp mirin
- 6 slices of yuzu (can also substitute with lemon)
- 750ml water
- 80g katsuobushi (bonito flakes)
- 30g kelp
- Marinate the yellowtail in a bag with the mixed ingredients from A for 10 mins.
- Meanwhile, put the ingredients from B into a pot on medium heat. Before boiling, turn the heat to low and simmer for 10 mins. Remove the katsuobushi and kelp.
- Remove the yellowtail from the bag in step 1. Save the remaining sauce in the bag and the yuzu slices separately.
- Pour sesame oil in a pan on medium heat and add the yellowtail. Cover and cook for 2-3 mins. When one side is cooked, flip and cook the other side for 2-3 mins.
- Remove the yellowtail from the pan and set aside. Add the mushrooms and spring onion to the pan and cook with the remaining sauce from step 3.
- Add the white dashi (or soy sauce), starch diluted in water and yuzu slices from step 3 to the stock from step 2 onto medium heat. When boiling, add the the soba and cook to 30 secs below the package cooking instructions. Remove the noodles (but keep the soup), rinse under cold water and drain any excess water.
- Serve the soba in a bowl. Add the soup from step 6 and top with the cooked yellow tail, mushrooms and spring onion.
*Available in our Creative Beginnings: Redefining "Wa" Care Package