This refreshing and light yuzu soba salad combines Japan’s beloved citrus fruit, yuzu, with nutty soba noodles and fresh seasonal vegetables. Feel free to use any of your favorite local vegetables as toppings.
- 2 servings soba noodles*
- 60g chicken thigh
- Pinch of salt
- ½ tsp honey
- ½ Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 egg
- ¼ yellow bell pepper (sliced)
- 4 cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 4 shiso leaves (cut into thin strips) (can substitute with basil, mint or grape leaves)
- 4 black olives (sliced)
- 1 package Yuzu Noodle Sauce
- Additional extra virgin olive oil to taste
- Boil the soba noodles as per the package instructions. Briefly soak in cold water to separate the noodles from sticking, then drain under running water. Set aside.
- Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces and coat in a marinade made by mixing the salt and honey. Let sit for 10 mins.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and cook the chicken over low heat until cooked through.
- Separately, boil the egg for 8 mins until half boiled, then immediately plunge into cold water. Cut into quarters.
- Combine the boiled soba noodles, cooked chicken, bell pepper, tomatoes, shiso leaves and black olives in a bowl with the Yuzu Noodle Sauce and mix well.
- Top with the egg from step 4 and drizzle with extra olive oil to serve.
*Available for single item purchase at our Market: Michi no Eki