These oven-baked chicken wings are marinated in a seasoned soy sauce koji sauce. They’re crispy and sweet on the outside and tender and juicy on the inside. You can also add a dash of shichimi (seven spice) chili pepper or black pepper to accentuate the flavor.
Servings: 6 wings
- 6 chicken wings (~250g) (can substitute chicken breast or fish)
- 1 tbspSoy Sauce Koji (can substitute 1 tbsp shio koji seasoned with soy sauce)
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- Pinch of salt
- Optional seasonings: Shichimi togarashi (seven spice blend)* or black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Meanwhile, combine the soy sauce koji, ginger, garlic and salt in a bowl.
- Place the chicken wings in a zippered storage bag and pour in the sauce from step 2. Make sure the wings are evenly coated and place in the fridge for 30 mins.
- Place the chicken wings on a cookie sheet lined baking tray and bake in the oven at 180°C for 20 mins until the chicken wings are cooked through.
- Season with shichimi togarashi or black pepper if desired and serve hot.
*Available in our Creative Beginnings: Redefining “Wa” Care Package