Mentsuyu (lit. “noodle broth”) is a commonly used seasoning found in numerous Japanese dishes including noodles, rice bowls, hot pots and as a dipping sauce. Made from a collection of some of Japan’s most iconic ingredients, it contains umami-rich ingredients and is a convenient way to increase the depth of flavor in dishes.
- 50ml (3 tbsp + 1 tsp) mirin
- 50ml (3 tbsp + 1 tsp) soy sauce (available in our Creative Beginnings: Redefining "Wa" Care Package)
- 2 tsp powdered dashi (available in our Creative Beginnings: Redefining "Wa" Care Package)
- 100ml (⅓ cup + 2 tbsp) water
- Combine all the ingredients together and use in your favorite noodle dish/soup, rice bowl, hot pot or as a dipping sauce.