This fresh and seasonal poke bowl uses simple ingredients which allows for the rich, nutty flavors of the Koikuchi Furikake Sesame Oil to shine.Feel free to use any of your favorite vegetables and toppings!
- 400g tofu (firm or extra firm)
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar or lemon/lime juice
- 1 tsp Koikuchi Furikake Sesame Oil
- 1 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 1 inch piece of ginger (grated)
- ⅓ sweet onion (chopped)
- 2 servings cooked rice
- ½ avocado (diced)
- ½ cucumber (sliced)
- ¼ red pepper (sliced)
- ¼ yellow pepper (sliced)
- 2-3 okra (whole, briefly boiled)
- 1 tsp sesame seeds (topping)
- Drain and wash the tofu. Wrap in paper towel and gently squeeze to remove excess water. Dice into½ inch cubes.
- In a bowl, combine the soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, garlic, ginger and sweet onions. Mix in the tofu and let sit for 10 mins.
- Separately, divide the cooked rice into two bowls. Top with the avocado, cucumber, peppers, okra , and the tofu and onion mixture from step 2 (as well as any remaining sauce). Sprinkle with sesame seeds and enjoy!