This flavorful cheese egg roll is full of umami from the sansho chirimen (white fish with Japanese peppercorn). Makes for a savory breakfast, side dish or snack.
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp sansho chirimen (white fish with Japanese peppercorn)
- 1-2 tbsp shredded cheese
- Pinch of salt
- ½ tsp olive oil
- Crack the eggs into a bowl and mix with the sansho chirimen, cheese and salt.
- Heat the olive oil in an omelet/small frying pan. Pour in one third of the egg mixture from step one then roll in the omelet from the far side.
- Fill the empty space in the pan with another third of the egg mixture from step 1 then roll the omelet again.
- Repeat with the remaining egg mixture. Transfer to a plate and cut into bite-sized pieces to serve.