This light rice dish allows for the full flavors of the mountain vegetables to shine.
- 300g uncooked rice (2 cups)
- 100g Mixed Mountain Vegetables
- 2 sheets aburaage (deep fried tofu) (sliced into thin bite-sized strips) or 4-5 pieces Fried Sendai Fu
- 1 tsp shiitake dashi
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp mirin
- 1-2 Dried Wood Ear Mushrooms (optional) (To rehydrate, soak in lukewarm water for 40-60 mins or boil in water for 20-25 mins, then julienne)
- Wash the rice and soak it in water for 30 mins.
- Boil the Mixed Mountain Vegetables in water for 1-2 mins then drain.
- Drain the rice and put it in your rice cooking pot/stove top pot for cooking. Mix in the dashi, soy sauce and mirin. Add water to the level of the rice.
- Add the Mixed Mountain Vegetables, aburaage (or Sendai fu) and Wood Ear Mushroom (if using) but do not mix.
- Cook the rice as per usual then mix and serve.