This beautiful spring-colored mixed rice combines vibrant green peas with pink cherry blossoms. It’s quick and easy to make. Enjoy as a side, or shape intoonigiri (rice balls) and pack for a picnic.
- 250g warm, freshly cooked rice
- 4 Salt Pickled Sakura
- 20g frozen green peas (thawed)
- 2 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- ½ tsp Ume Konbu Cha
- Soak the salt pickled sakura in warm water to remove excess salt. Gently squeeze to remove water and pat dry.
- In a bowl, combine the rice, green peas, sesame seeds, Ume Konbu Cha. Mix gently to combine. Divide equally into four amounts.
- Gently form four rice balls, pressing one Salt Pickled Sakura onto the front of each.