Ochazuke is a Japanese dish made by pouring tea over a bowl of steamed rice with savory toppings. It’s the ultimate comfort food on a cold winter day!
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 serving sansho teriyaki sardine jerky (can substitute cooked chicken, other fish or any of your favorite savory toppings)
- Shio konbu (salted kelp) (optional topping)
- 1 cup hot tea (try one from our Japanese Green & Specialty Teas: “Ryu” Care Package)
- Put the cooked rice in a bowl and top with theNuka Pickled Heshiko Saba (Mackerel)and shio konbu (if using).
- Gently pour the tea over the rice and enjoy hot.