RECIPE: Miso Pickled Ginger and Potato Gratin
Miso and dashi, along with parmesan cheese, add an incredible depth of umami and soupier texture to this Japanese twist on potato gratin. The ginger also adds a nice spicy kick which gets milder as you chew. This will become a family favorite!
- 60gGolden Miso Pickled Ginger* (chopped including the miso from the package)
- 2 medium potatoes (peeled and cut into bite sized pieces)
- 100g nagaimo (peeled and grated) (can substitute 100g of unsalted béchamel sauce)
- 200ml dashi*
- Parmesan cheese
- Boil the potatoes in a pot with the dashi until soft. Add the golden miso pickled ginger (along with the miso in the package) and combine. Split between two separate heat-resistant containers.
- Top with the grated nagaimo or unsalted béchamel sauce and sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Bake in an oven at 220°C for 12 mins.
*Available for single item purchase at our Market: Michi no Eki