This hearty comfort food is the perfect way to stay warm in the winter. Kasujiru is a traditional Japanese soup which consists of a variety of ingredients such as carrots, daikon (Japanese radish), and/or fish, served in a sake kasu (sake lees) and miso broth. Feel free to use any seasonal vegetables you have available.
- 200ml water
- 100ml milk
- ¼ package shimeji mushrooms (or your favorite mushrooms) (cut into bite-sized pieces)
- 30g carrots (cut into bite-sized pieces)
- 100g daikon (Japanese radish) (cut into bite-sized pieces)
- 1 small potato (cut into bite-sized pieces)
- 1 salmon fillet (grilled)
- 1 tbsp miso
- 1-2 tsp butter
- 1 tbsp Junmai Daiginjo Sake Kasu (Lees) Powder
- Add the water and milk to a pot and boil the mushrooms, carrots, daikon and potato until they become soft.
- Add the grilled salmon and miso. Cook lightly, then melt in the butter and sake kasu powder. Mix and serve hot.