Ishiri adds a depth of umami and flavors from the sea to traditional ginger pork cooked in sesame oil.
- ¼ onion (sliced)
- 200g thinly sliced pork loin
- Potato starch or flour
- Sesame oil for frying
For the sauce
- 15g ginger (grated)
- 1 tbsp “Ishiri” Squid Fish Sauce
- 1 tbsp mirin (or substitute with sugar mixed with sake)
- 1 tbsp sake
- Cook the onions in a pan by frying in sesame oil. Remove and set aside
- Sprinkle the pork loin with a thin layer of potato starch and fry both sides with sesame oil until cooked. Remove and cut into bite-sized pieces.
- In a small bowl, mix the grated ginger, ishiri sauce, mirin, and sake to make the sauce. Add to the frying pan and simmer. Quickly add the pork and mix until coated. Serve with the onions from step 1.