These crispy yuba rolls are a delicious way to enjoy the versatility of yuba!
Servings: 6 pieces
- 1/2 + 1/2 tbsp sesame oil
- 50g shiitake mushrooms, diced
- 25g carrots, diced
- 25g bamboo shoot, diced
- 50g bean sprouts
- 1 tsp ginger, grated
- 1 1/2 tbsp Hishio Moromi
- 10g Kudzu noodles
- 1 pack of Yuba
Ingredients for the Dashi Sauce:
- 150 ml water
- 1 tsp Shojin Dashi
- 1 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp mirin
- Potato starch slurry (1 tbsp water + 1/2 tbsp potato starch)
Make the filling
- Heat 1/2 tbsp sesame oil in a pan, and cook the diced carrots, mushrooms, bamboo shoot and ginger for 3 minutes. Add the bean sprouts and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Turn off heat, and add the Hishio Moromi and Kudzu noodles. (Cook the noodles according to package and cut into bite size pieces before adding)
Wrap in Yuba
- Cut the Yuba in half, widthwise, and rehydrate according to package. Add the filling in the middle and wrap it up, like you would a regular spring roll.
- Heat 1/2 tbsp sesame oil in a frying pan and cook the Yuba rolls until slightly browned, 1~2 minutes on each side.
Make the Dashi sauce and Serve
- Add all the ingredients for the Dashi sauce in a sauce pan and heat on medium low for 1~2 minutes, until it thickens.
- Pour the sauce over the Yuba rolls, or use it as a dipping sauce. Serve while warm.