Chirashizushi (lit. “scattered sushi”) is served on special occasions in Japan including New Year’s Day. It consists of a bed of sushi rice that can be adorned with a variety of toppings such as egg, fresh vegetables, cooked seafood, and sashimi. This recipe uses smoked salmon and regional pickles to create a quick and easy, yet colorful chirashizushi.
- 30g Katsuo Tsubozuke (chopped)
- 1 Tbsp pickling juice from the Katsuo Tsubozuke package
- 150g cooked rice
- 20g smoked salmon (cut into strips)
- Radish sprouts (optional topping)
- Mix the Katsuo Tsubozuke with the pickling juice and the cooked rice.
- Top with smoked salmon and radish sprouts if desired.
Leave a comment (all fields required)