Ochazuke is a traditionally simple yet comforting dish made by pouring tea over a bowl of steamed rice with savory toppings.
- 1 chicken breast
- 1 tsp sake
- Wakame (optional topping)
- 1 tsp konbu chadissolved in 150ml hot water
- 1 cup cooked rice
- Sprinkle the chicken breast with salt and sake. Cook in a pan over medium heat until fully cooked. Cool slightly and shred with a fork.
- Soak the wakame (if adding) in cold water to reconstitute. Drain and roughly chop.
- Put the cooked rice in a bowl and top with the cooked chicken and wakame (if using).
- Gently pour the konbu cha dissolved in hot water over the rice and enjoy immediately.