This comforting dish of Japanese curry rice (pronouncedkarē raisu) combines local and international flavors that have found their way to Kanagawa Prefecture to create a curry that is the perfect blend of sweet and spice.
- 200g chicken
- Oil for cooking
- 550g vegetables (Eg. carrot, potato, eggplant, okra, mushrooms, cabbage, onions - cubed)
- 700ml water
- 1 package Chef Kogure’s Olive Oil and Akamoku Curry Roux
- 2 servings of cooked rice
- Cook the chicken in a pot with some cooking oil.
- Add the vegetables then the water and bring to a simmer. Cook until the vegetables soften.
- Add the curry roux and stir well to combine. Reduce heat to low and cook slowly until the curry thickens (careful to ensure the curry doesn’t burn).
- Divide the rice between two plates and ladle the hot curry on top to serve.