We've partnered with our friend Yuca from YUCa ’s Japanese Cooking to guide you through making easy and nutritious Japanese home cooked dishes using ingredients from our Creative Beginnings: Redefining "Wa" Care Package (individual items also available for purchase in ourMarket: Michi no Eki).
Originally from Iwaki City, YUCa is a Tokyo-based mom who has been opening up her home to visitors from around the world through her intimate and personal cooking classes. Every Monday evening throughout March and April, she will be joining us from her kitchen in Tokyo to share her online “Healthy Japanese Meal” cooking classes as she teaches you to make:
- Green pea rice with shio koji
- Miso soup withdashi powder
- Sautéed shiitake mushroom topped withshichimi
- Grilled chicken with shio koji and aosa seaweed
- Tofu and konnyaku steak withyuzu miso sauce
- Cucumber and wakame pickles withrice vinegar
When: Available every Sunday in March & April from 5pm PT/8pm ET
What:Private online Japanese cooking classes (maximum of six people per class)
Ingredients to Prepare:
- Creative Beginnings: Redefining “Wa” Care Package (Use code YUCAWACOOKING10 for 10% off your purchase). Individual items also available for purchase in our Market: Michi no Eki.
- Japanese rice
- Chicken breast or Salmon fillet
- Green peas or Edamame
- Shiitake mushrooms
- Firm tofu
- Wakame seaweed
- Potato starch or Cornstarch
- Canola oil or Vegetable oil
Who is YUCa?
Through her in-person, online and YouTube lessons, YUCa connects visitors to Japan with her warm personality and simple yet delicious home-cooked Japanese dishes. Using her hands-on approach, she teaches simple techniques to help you make traditional, easy-to-make Japanese meals in your own home.
Her special touches have received awards from her many international students from around the world:
- The BEST Cooking class & Workshop in Japan by International travelers 2018 (by TripAdvisor)
- The Top3 Activity and tours in Japan by International travelers 2018 (by TripAdvisor)
Hi All! I am Miriam Weiss and am a mixed race Japanese/American passionate about promoting Japanese culture and all that it has to offer around the world. I grew up between Japan and California and was most recently living in Boston before moving to the Netherlands! I am excited to share my passion and knowledge with all of you!
Leave a comment (all fields required)