Soda bushi dashi adds umami and subtle flavors from the sea to this simple and healthy tomato soup.
- 50ml olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed)
- ½ onion
- ½ zucchini (cut into bite-sized pieces)
- ½ Japanese eggplant (cut into bite-sized pieces)
- 2 small tomatoes (crushed)
- 2 cubes Soda Bushi Dashi or 2 tsp of soda bushi dashi powder
- 50ml water
- Dash of salt
- Heat the olive oil in a pot and fry the garlic and onions.
- Add the zucchini and eggplant. Stir-fry then add the tomatoes.
- Add the soda bushi dashi, water and salt. Cover with a lid and gently simmer for about 10 mins.