Simmered tofu is the perfect subtle base for the rich flavors of mentaiko nametake.
- 2 tbsp Mentaiko Nametake
- 1 tbsp soy sauce*
- 100ml water
- 1 piece (250g) silken tofu (cut into bite-sized pieces)
- ½ negi (green onion) (sliced diagonally)
- 2 tsp potato starch (to thicken)
- Starch and water (appropriate amount)
- Heat the mentaiko nametake, soy sauce and water in a small pan over medium heat. When it starts to simmer, add the tofu and negi and bring to a boil.
- Mix the potato starch with a bit of water, then stir gently into the soup until it begins to thicken. Serve and enjoy.
*Available in our Creative Beginnings: Redefining “Wa” Care Package
Leave a comment (all fields required)