IfShio Koji is something you have never heard of before, get ready to fall in love with its taste and versatility. It can be used as a salt substitute and also enhances the flavors of the ingredients it’s mixed with. It also makes for a great marinade as you will see in this recipe.
- 300 g chicken breast
- 1 tbsp Shio Koji
- 50 g green beans
- ½ sweet potato
- 1 tbsp of oil
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp sake
- Chop the chicken breast into bite size pieces and massage with Shio Koji using your hands.
- Let the chicken rest for at least 1 hour in the fridge in a closed container.
- Cut the green beans into pieces of the same length. Heat a drizzle of oil in a pot and cook the beans for 4-5 mins until they are tender, adding just a pinch of salt.
- Cut the sweet potato into cubes and cook for about 15 minutes (depending on the size) in a pan with a drizzle of oil, turning them occasionally so that they do not burn.
- Remove the chicken from the fridge and cook in a heated pan with oil until fully cooked and golden brown.
- Add the cooked green beans, sweet potatoes and sake. Cover and cook for another 2-3 minutes, then serve.
Recipes courtesy ofEleonora Badellino of Daidokoro Labo. You can find her atwww.elydream.com and @everydayobento