Ice cream is usually made by churning a base while chilling it. The churning action prevents ice crystals from forming while also aerating the mixture. Using a high butterfat cream and partially whipping it makes it possible to make a velvety smooth green tea ice cream without any special equipment: all you need is three simple ingredients.
Makes 4 servings
- 3 tbsp Matcha Latte
- ⅓ cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Stir the sweetened condensed milk into the matcha latte powder until it’s smooth and free of lumps.
- Then you want to add the heavy cream to the mixture and stir it all together until it’s uniform in color.
- Next, you want to whisk the cream until it’s thick enough that the surface is no longer flat but still soft enough to pour with the help of a spatula.
- Pour the ice cream base into a container with a lid and then put it in the freezer until the mixture is solid.