More sweet with a mellow spice, Japanese curry is the ultimate comfort food and this unique koji curry powder adds delicious umami flavor. We use the traditional onions, carrots and potatoes in this recipe, but feel free to use any fresh seasonal vegetables such as eggplant, okra, king oyster mushrooms and protein (for a combined 500-600g in total).
- 2 small onions
- 1 carrot
- 2 potatoes
- 1 package Koji Curry
- 2 Tbsp cooking oil
- 400ml + 300ml water
- Cooked rice/pasta if desired
- Cut the vegetables into bite sized pieces.
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium heat and fry the onions until translucent. Add the carrots and potatoes and continue to cook.
- Add 400ml of water and simmer until the vegetables become soft.
- Turn off the heat and add 300ml of water. Mix in the koji curry powder and dissolve.
- Cook over low heat for another 15-20 mins and serve over cooked rice/pasta if desired.