Eat goto udon like a local!Jigokudaki (lit. “hell boiling”) is a simple hot pot which allows you toenjoy a communal meal with family and friends. For best results, use a clay pot ordonabe to cook and serve the noodles.
- 1 packageGOTO UDON
- Water to boil the noodles in
- 4 tbsp mirin
- 2 tbsp soy sauce*
- 2 tbsp dashi powder*
- Optional toppings: chopped green onions, grated ginger, dried bonito, scrambled raw egg (if permitted to be safely eaten)
- Boil water in a donabe or pot on the stove. Slowly add the Goto Udon noodles to keep them from sticking. Once the water has boiled again, adjust the heat to keep at a gentle boil and cook for 7 mins. Drain and rinse under water. Serve in the donabe or large serving bowl.
- To create the dipping sauce, mix mirin, soy sauce and dashi powder and serve in individual bowls. Add optional toppings as desired.
- Enjoy immediately by scooping an individual mouthful of noodles out of the communal donabe or bowl using chopsticks and dipping it in your dipping sauce.
*Available in our Creative Beginnings: Redefining “Wa” Care Package