Freezing tofu creates a texture surprisingly similar to chicken in this tofu version of karaage (fried chicken). The resulting dish is crispy on the outside and moist and juicy on the inside.
- 300g (1 piece) silken tofu
- 30g Karaage Powder
- Cooking oil
- Drain off the water from the silken tofu, wrap in plastic wrap and place in a container. Freeze the tofu for at least 6hrs or overnight.
- Thaw the frozen tofu, tear into bite-size pieces and gently squeeze by hand to remove excess water.
- Put the Karaage Powder on a plate and coat each piece of tofu. Let sit for 2mins.
- Heat some cooking oil in a pan to 170℃. Add the coated tofu and fry until crispy and golden brown.
Leave a comment (all fields required)