Total prep time:20 minutes
- 1 head butter lettuce (rinsed and hand-torn)
- 1 fuji apple (peeled, cubed and soaked in salt water)
- 1 avocado (cubed)
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes (sliced in half)
- 1 green onion (thinly sliced)
- 1/4 cups dried natto (crushed)
For the dressing:
- 1/4 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp soy sauce*
- Juice of half a lemon
- First, make the dressing by whisking all ingredients together until well-combined. Taste for flavor - it should be quite tangy, salty, and creamy from the mayonnaise. Add in half the crushed dried natto and stir.
- Peel and cube apple and place in a bowl of salt water to prevent discoloration.
- Rinse bite-side pieces of lettuce by hand, removing a bit of the end if it is discolored. Spin in a salad spinner or pat to dry.
- Arrange the ingredients: Place lettuce in each of the bowls, followed by apples, avocado, then cherry tomatoes.
- When ready to serve, drizzle dressing atop each salad. Garnish with remaining natto and green onions.
Recipe courtesy of Kristin Eriko Posner, founder Nourish Co.
Leave a comment (all fields required)