Recipe by Fiona Uyema, author of Japanese Food Made Easy and founder of Fused by Fiona Uyema Ltd. You can find her at @fionauyema and @fusedbyfionauyema
Everyone loves this salmon teriyaki recipe so it’s perfect for a family meal –it’s one of the most talked about recipes at my cooking classes. The perfect combination of flavours in the salmon and the sweet teriyaki sauce make this an all-time favourite in households across the world and on menus in both Asian and non-Asian restaurants.
- Vegetable oil
- 2 fillets salmon
Handful of sesame seeds to garnish
- 4tbsp FusedClever Classic soy sauce
- 2 tbsp honey
1. Combine the soy sauce and honey in a small bowl, mix well and set aside.
2. Pour a little vegetable oil into a non-stick frying pan on a medium to high heat.
3. Place the salmon fillets (skin-side down) on the frying pan and sear both sides of the fish.
4. When the fish is nearly cooked (place the salmon fillets skin-side down at this point) pour the teriyaki sauce over it.
5. Use a large spoon to continually pour the sauce over the fish fillets while continuing to fry.
6. Fry until the teriyaki sauce is reduced to the consistency of a syrup.
7. Garnish with sesame seeds.
Keep a close eye on the teriyaki sauce as it can quickly reduce on a high heat and start to burn.