Our yuzu matcha is the perfect balance of earthy, subtly sweet flavors from organic matcha combined with Japan’s beloved citrus fruit:yuzu (柚子). Yuzu is best described as a cross between a tart lemon, a sweet mandarin orange, and a fragrant grapefruit and lends its unique citrus flavors to this yuzu matcha which can be frothed up to make the perfect Japanese latte.
- 1 tspYuzu Matcha
- ¼ cup hot water
- ¾ cups milk
- Sweetener (sugar, honey, etc) if desired
Traditional Hot Matcha Latte
- Sift 1 tsp of theYuzu Matcha powder through a fine sifter into a wide mug to remove any clumps.
- Add ¼ cup of hot water (just before boiling). We recommend180-190°F.
- Stir or whisk into a paste. Traditional bamboo whisk (chasen) works best, but a frother or fork/spoon also works.
- Heat ¾ cups of milk with sweetener (if desired). Do not bring to a boil. We recommend heating to 150°F.
- Add the heated milk to the matcha paste in the bowl. To produce foam, use a handheld frother for 30 seconds or whisk with a whisk or fork.
Iced Matcha Latte
- Sift 1 tsp ofYuzu Matchapowder into a cup, add ¼ of hot water and stir.
- Pour the matcha into a cocktail shaker or cup with a lid with one cup of ice, add ¾ cup of milk along with any desired sweetener.
- Cover the cocktail shaker or cup and shake for a full minute.
- Strain and serve over a glass of ice.